On Tuesday we had a power outage at work that started at 9 am. At 11 they told us to leave but check backin at 1 to see if the power was back on. So Brittany and I decided to go shopping. We went to Downeast Basics, Roberts, and Michaels. ( nothing better than shopping on company time) At 1 we called to check in and we were told to leave for the day that the power was still out. YEAH!!!
So I decided that it would be perfect timing to go Christmas shopping for Haas. I had everything wrapped and put under the tree before he got home. While we were out shopping earlier I finally found my curly gold sticks to finish off my Christmas tree. Everyone keeps telling me to post pics but I couldnt because it wasnt finished so below are now pics of my tree completely finished!!!
It was so nice to actually get home before it was dark. I was able to go shopping,wrap presents, get the kitchen cleaned, the laundry cleaned and put away ( something I never do), floors swept, dishes done, play a game of scrabble with Haas, browse the internet for about 1 1/2 hours, take a bath, read, and watch a little tv all before 7 pm. Once 7 hit I didnt know what to do with myself. Normally I cant even get less than half of that finished by the time I get home. To top it off I will get paid for an entire day and I only actually worked for 2 1/2 hours. I love work power outages!!!





Mike and Libby Brown
7 years ago








10 comments:
Gorgeous! Thanks for finally posting pics :) I had a good time shopping. Sorry I almost killed us...HAHA!
Your tree looks beautiful! As pretty as the ones we saw at the Festival of Trees - you have a knack for decorating trees:) Sounds like you had a fun day on Tuesday - so glad you had most of the day off to get so much done and you felt like doing it all!!!
I remember those power outage days and days when the computer system shut down and we got to leave etc...Nice that it happened and that you got some shopping done. How is your pregnancy going?
What a beautiful tree, I love the natural look. Where do you work? You're such a good wife!
Saturday is the day. I am excited to see this baby. I feel like I have a long list of things to do though still but am trying to take it easy this week and not kill myself. We'll see how much I will get accomplished. I will probably be released on the 24th and will post pictures when I get home-depending on how the birth/delivery goes and if we get to bring the baby home with us this time. We are keeping our fingers crossed!
Your tree is just gorgeous. I agree... you have a knack ! Nice post. And yes... shopping on company time .. there's nothing like it for sure ! I enjoyed myself too !
It should be a nice time for us. I have no idea like I did with Jackson. I always knew I was carrying a boy with him. This one will certainly be a surprise. It doesn't kick like he did-so either we have a girl or a lot calmer boy. I would love a girl, but would be equally happy if it is a boy. 5 more days and we shall see!
Please tell everyone at Myriad hi for me.
I'm feeling alot better! Thanks for asking. How are things going for you?
Love the tree!!! I love those days when you end up checking way more off the list than you thought you would :)
Wow- your tree looks great! I liked your list of everything you got done in a day off. I love days like that. Berkeley sounds very funny in the snow! I have been working on your Christmas present- HEE HEE! See you soon.
Post a Comment